Mt. Kailash (6714 m) – also known as Tise, Kailasa or Kang Rinpoche (Jewel of the Snows) has since time immemorial been celebrated in many Eastern cosmologies as Mt. Meru, the axis mundi. And as the center of the physical & metaphysical universe, Mt. Meru is sacred to the Jains, the Hindus, the Buddhists and the Bonpos. For the Hindus, the mountain represents the seat of Shiva; for the Buddhists, a terrestrial projection of the cosmic Mandala of Dyani Buddhas & Boddhisatvas….The Wheel
For the devout pilgrim a visit to Mt. Kailash and Lake Manasorovar forms the ultimate realization of their spiritual pursuit in life. And for the adventure lovers it offers ruggedness, excitement, solitude and bliss. All trips are planned to give all participants
a wholesome experience of a trip which may be rightly termed `Once-in-a-lifetime’.
Trip Code NSTR262
- Day 01: Drive Kathmandu (1300m) to Kodari. Zhangmu (2500m) and onto Nyalam (3750m.). Overnight at hotel/Camp.
- Day 02: Drive Zhangmu/Nyalam to Pegu Tso (4350m.) (6-7 hours). Overnight Camp.
- Day 03: Drive Pegu Tso-Zhongba (4700m.) (6-7 hours). Overnight at Camp.
- Day 04: Drive Zhonga-Mayumla (5200m.) (6-7 hours). Overnight at Camp.
- Day 05: Drive Mayumla- Lake Mansarovar (4550m.) (5-6 hours) Overnight at Camp.
- Day 06: Pay homage, explore Lake Mansarovar and drive to Darchen (4560m). (1 hour). Overnight at Camp.
- Day 07: Commence circumambulation around Mt. Kailash (parikrama). Camp at Diraphuk 4890m.) (6-7 hours). Overnight at camp.
- Day 08: Trek and Camp at Zutrulphuk (4790m.). (6-7 hours.)
- Day 09: Trek to Darchen (6-7 hours). Overnight at Camp.
- Day 10: Drive to Thirthapuri (4300m.) 3 hours. Enjoy a dip in its hot spring and have a special relaxation. Overnight at Camp.
- Day 11: Drive to Nyogze (4350m.) (6-7 hours) Overnight at Camp.
- Day 12: Drive to Paryang (4450m.). (5-6 hours) Overnight at Camp.
- Day 13: Drive to Saga (4400m) (6-7 hours). Overnight at Camp.
- Day 14: Drive to Upper Nyalam (3750m.) (7-8 hours). Overnight at Camp/Hotel.
- Day 15: Drive to Zhangmu (2300m.)- Kathmandu. (6-7 hours). Overnight at Hotel.