Nepal Sanctuary Treks (NST) believes ourselves to be ethically and environmentally accountable. We are striving to be responsible and committed to giving back to our local community. In order to promote responsible tourism, we actively involved in charities that help in a number of projects. We have been taking initiatives socially, economically and environmentally to support community and locals.
Initiatives and Actions
- Earthquake Relief Campaign:
We organized various relief campaigns for earthquake stricken citizen and community. NST team has been extensively indulged in the support for earthquake victims since 26th April 2015, by providing aid, tents, food, trap, and mattress. We have helped our staffs with financial support to rebuild their damaged houses. We have also supported temporary shelters at Schools near Kathmandu. Furthermore, we have been supporting IDP camps around Kathmandu for water aid, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) program regularly.
- Collaboration with Charity Trekking and local NGO
NST organize and specialize in Charity trekking to raise funds for special projects. We center on “Trekking for a Cause” and give something back to local communities. Throughout the years, we have created strong partnerships with several local NGOs organizations which have resulted in our involvement in numerous social activities and projects which are as follows:
- Nepal Sanctuary Treks sponsor underprivileged children with education, shelter and food. We believe that the destitute children should not be deprived from attaining education. So, we feel proud to be involved with in child sponsorship program in order to provide education to deserving children who would not have access to education due to poverty.
- Nepal Sanctuary Treks supports as well as work closely with Nobel Compassionate Volunteers (NCV). With the joint effort with NCV we provide assistance to disaster stricken people, carry out livelihood and skill development programs to uplift people who are living under poverty line. We also partake in programs conducted by NCV in supporting and promoting health, environment education and integration of sustainable development practices.
- We involved in Women Empowerment program for disadvantaged women and girls, by providing training on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in cooperation with Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) conducted by UNICEF.