One of the leading agencies, Nepal Sanctuary Treks is a government registered trekking company based in Kathmandu, Nepal and recognized by the Ministry of Tourism as well as the Ministry of Industry. We are an associate member of both the Trekking Agents Association of Nepal (TAAN) and Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA). With a growing reputation, we specialize in organizing engaging school tours that meet the requirements of students who seek highly personalized itineraries. Well-known for our quality service, we ensure that the students get real value for their travel money. Our track record goes back to 1999 when we began organizing tours for various International Schools from Hong Kong, England, Australia and the USA to their complete satisfaction.
We take pride in our fine-tuned tours that allow students to highlight their Creativity, Action, and Service (CAS) and Interim week to meet the requirement of their syllabus of IB, Cambridge or A ‘level are through our wide range of programs: treks, wildlife safaris, white water rafting, mountain biking, culture and pilgrimage tours, community work at orphanages and government schools in Nepal with inadequate facilities in remote areas without disturbing the pristine nature of the setting. Many years of experience has enabled us to provide well-planned trips at a reasonable price, keeping the arrangements hassle-free with safety as our priority and strive to provide the best service in town. Our specialty lies in handling school groups on special missions, keeping in mind the anxiety of parents and teachers when sending children away on such excursions. While the children are in our care, our top priority is naturally, their security. But despite all the precautions that need to be taken, we allow the students’ freedom to enjoy all the good things the spectacular Himalayas have in store for them.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Increased awareness of their strengths and areas for development
- Undertaken new challenges
- Planned and initiated activities
- Worked collaboratively with others
- Shown perseverance and commitment
- Engaged with issues of global importance
- Considered the ethical implications of their actions
- Developed new skills
The program aims to develop students who are:
- Reflective thinkers – who understand their own strengths and limitations, identify goals and devise strategies for personal growth
- Willing to accept new challenges and new roles
- Aware of the fact that they are members of communities with responsibilities towards each other and the environment they live in
- Active participants in sustained, collaborative projects
- Balanced—they enjoy and find significance in a range of activities that involve intellectual, physical, creative and emotional experiences.
Benefits of our program:
The program enables students to enhance their personaland inter-personal development through experiential learning. Our well-thought out programs are designed to be challenging but at the same time enjoyable, resulting in a personal journey of self-discovery. For many students, our activities prove to experience that is profoundly influential and life-changing. They soon came to realize that many of the facilities that they enjoy in their schools in the west are a luxury for students here in Nepal. But despite the poor infrastructure, our students seem happy and oblivious of what they are missing in terms of facilities, which in the west are taken for granted.