Essentials to carry before departure on trip
Trekking equipment and clothing are requisite items for the trekking and expedition in Himalaya. It is hard to reach at the trekker’s destination without necessary trekking /mountaineering gears. Following trekking gear and clothes are essential to bringing for your trekking:
1. Lightweight walking boots with ankle support and rubber soles with thick tread are best. Unless you‘re trekking during the rainy season, they need not be 100% waterproof. It is essential your walking boots are comfortable and broken-in; uncomfortable boots can ruin a trek. Your boots should be worn with thick natural-fiber socks. It is also recommended to bring some sandals or light trainers for wearing around camp or tea house as well as some pair of liner socks, mid-weight wool or synthetic socks.
2. Bring reusable bottles which are much more environmentally friendly than purchasing new bottles consistently. Most water available in trekking lodges is drinkable, but sometimes you’ll need to refill your bottles from outside taps while trekking. So we advise you to bring Steri-Pen or water purification tablets or drops to treat drinking water.
3. It is advisable to all trekkers to bring tissue paper and toilet paper because these supplies are rarely provided in a trekking lodge and public toilets. Please bring and light microfiber towels instead of bulky cotton towels. We advise you to bring wet wipes as it is likely your daily shower for most of the trek.
4. Waterproof /wind trousers and jackets are advisable to bring with you. They are essential to keep you dry and warm. In some places, the wind can be very strong and freezing.
5. While at higher altitude, down jackets is advisable as it’s extremely light, keep you toasty warm and can be folded easily. Likewise, light, comfortable and quick drying T-shirts, jumper and trekking trousers are advisable. Especially Cargo Trousers made from a quick-dry material and with lots of pockets. For lower altitude trekking, fleece jackets and pants are adequate
6. Always keep a separate change of clothes to wear in the lodges and overnight. Thermal under clothing i.e. Long pants and short and long sleeve is also recommended.
7. A 30 liters bag is the perfect size to use as a day bag to pack your camera, a sweatshirt, a water-resistant jacket, water bottle and other miscellaneous kinds of stuff. We advise you to bring a duffel bag as well to make the transport easier on the porters.
8. Pack the snacks according to your needs which are not available along the trails such as energy bars, electrolyte replacement drink mix cookies, dark chocolates, and multivitamins.
9. Bring torch or head torch with spare batteries for reading in the evenings and a midnight trip to the bathroom, or early morning treks
10. We recommend every trekker to bring a basic medical kit containing nail scissors, moleskin, Band-Aids, diarrhea tablets, aspirin and a remedy for colds and coughs. Ciprofloxacin, available by prescription, is the best-known treatment for bacterial diarrhea. Your trek leader is first-aid trained and will also carry a standard medical pack. However, it would be best to bring your own prescription medicines.
11. And also: multi-purpose knife, suntan lotion, soap, toothpaste, camera equipment, binoculars, adapters, ear plugs, Sunglasses with UV protection for higher altitude, rain poncho, Nepalese phrasebook, walking stick, cotton scarf or bandana, sun hat, neckerchief, chapstick with SPF protection, spare shoelaces, padlock or combination lock, whistles for emergencies i.e. when you’re lost, or you’re hurt and require help, large plastic bag for lining backpack and waterproof shell gloves. It is recommended to carry insect repellent when trekking during summer months.
12. Travel insurance is excluded from the trip price. It is mandatory that you take out comprehensive travel insurance prior to your trek. Travel Insurance reduce the significant financial risks of traveling and must cover personal liability, lost baggage, medical protection, emergency evacuation, canceled trip, accidents, missed flights, etc. We suggest our guests get insured to protect from possible hazards and enjoy the dream vacation to the fullest.
Recommended Insurance Company:
Download the Membership Enrollment form