Sightseeing tours to the ruined Drugyel Dzong, Bhutunese farmhouses and Paro Bazaar, the museum in the Ta Dzong and a walk down to Paro’s Rimpung Dzong.
Trip Code NSTR253
- Day 01: Fly to Paro airport. Reception and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: Sightseeing tours to the ruined Drugyel Dzong, Bhutunese farmhouses and Paro Bazaar, the museum in the Ta Dzong and a walk down to Paro’s Rimpung Dzong.
- Day 03: A short drive to Satsam Chorten followed by a 2 hours trek to Taktsang Tea House for a close up view of the Tiger’s Nest temple, perched on a sheer cliff. After a lunch, walk back to Satsam Chorten and drive on to Thimpu.
- Day 04: Sightseeing tours to Memorial Chorten, National Library, Handicrafts Emporium and Tashichho Dzong.
- Day 05: A 3-hour drive to Punakha across the Dochula Pass and a visit to Punakha’s Dzong. Built at the confluence of the Mo Chu and Pho Chu rivers..
- Day 06: Drive back to Paro, visiting the Bazaar.
- Day 07: A.m. Drive towards the Indian border. Overnight at Phuntsholing..
- Day 08: Drive to Gangtok in Sikkim. Sightseeing tours of Gangtok, capital city of Sikkim.
- Day 09: Sightseeing tours to Rumtek monastery, the Namgyalk Institute of Tibetology and the Tsuk-la Khang.
- Day 10: Drive to Darjeeling. Sightseeing of the area.
- Day 11: A.m. Drive to Bhadrapur in Nepal and fly out to Kathmandu.