- Max altitude : Gosaikunda Lake (4,381 m/14,373ft)
- Trek destination: Gosaikunda Lake
- Suitably designed itinerary for acclimatization
- Accommodation in the best-selected lodges and tea houses along the trail and in Kathmandu
- 360 view of the Himalayas (Langtang, Ganesh Himal, and Himal Chuli, etc.) and trek to the beautiful Gosaikunda Lake
- Experience unique Tamang, Helambu, Sherpa, and Newar culture
- Trek through Langtang National Park, to Kyanjin Gompa, Sing Gompa, Cheese factory, Ghopte cave
- Fauna you can come across – wild dog, red panda, pika, black bear, snow leopard, Himalayan Tahr, ghoral, common langur
The Langtang Valley Trek and Gosainkunda Trek are spectacular hiking routes in Nepal. It provides fantastic scenery, from lush forests and astonishing landscapes at lower altitudes to glaciers and ice peaks at higher elevations.
Langtang region is located in the north of Kathmandu valley and to the south of the Nepal-Tibet border. The well-known British mountaineer and travel writer, Bill Tilman (1898-1977), called this “one of the world’s most beautiful valleys.
Dominated by the Langtang Himalayas, this trek is relatively short but one that runs through enchanted rhododendron and bamboo forests, alongside cascading waterfalls, and glistening Gosainkunda Lake. The breathtaking views on this trek include Dorje Lakpa (6,990 m), Langtang Ri (6,370 m), and Langtang Lirung (7,245 m). The Langtang is a domain of endangered wildlife such as red panda, musk deer, and varied bird species.
The trip starts in Kathmandu with tours of the city’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites. From Kathmandu, you will drive to Domen via Syabru Besi, a place in the Rasuwa district of Nepal. Then, making your way through the Bamboo, Ghode Tabela, Langtang, Kyanjin Gompa, and the Laurebina pass, you will reach Gosainkunda Lake.
The trail is also well-known for its Buddhist culture and magnificent monasteries like Sing Gompa. Visit the gompa to light some butter lamps, listen to the praying monks, or just rest your exhausted soul.
Especially, you witness the vibrant prayer flags hanging as you hike through the quaint villages and the Buddhist Shrines. In addition, you will see Mani walls, and huge rocks painted with Buddhist mantras.
This is a sample itinerary, and we shall customise the program as per your needs and preferences. Get in touch with our travel expert or email us at email@example.com.
Note: Below trekking hours, altitudes and distances are approximate, and absolutely for general ideas only.