- Max altitude: pass camp (4,747m/15,574ft)
- Suitably designed itinerary for acclimatization
- Accommodation in the best selected lodges and tea houses along the trail and in Kathmandu
- Kanchenjunga is the world’s 3rd highest mountain where are Makalu is the 5th highest
- A challenging as well as a off the beaten track
- Beautiful views of Mt. Chamlang, Baruntse, Makalu and Kanchenjunga etc
- Both the region are rich in biodiversity especially the butterflies in the upper Arun valley and other rare species in Makalu Barun National Park; rare animals like snow leopard and red panda
- Opportunity to experience cultures and warm hospitality of Sherpa, Rai, Gurung, Limbu and Lhomi communities
Kanchenjunga to Makalu over Lumba Sumba Pass trek is a recently discovered amazing isolated trail by the Nepal government.
The trek connects the Kanchenjunga region and Makalu region via the Lumba Sumba Pass and passes through the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area and the Makalu Barun National Park in the eastern part of the country.
The trail is rich in flora and fauna and one can see different birds and wildlife species, including the endangered snow leopard and red panda along the route.
Through the route, one can also trek to the base camps of Mt Kanchenjunga and Mt Makalu. Apart from natural beauty, trekkers can also explore cultural heritage like monasteries, chortens, temples, and prayer walls.
Kanchenjunga to Makalu Trek is one of the best and most amazing trails of the Great Himalayan Trails.