- Panoramic vistas of snow-capped mountains including Mt. Everest, Number and other peaks along the route
- Walk through shaded rhododendron and pine forests.
- If you are lucky you might encounter with Mountain Thar, bear, leopards, jackals, and birds like the Lophophorus.
- Magnificent sunrise and sunset view from Pikey Peak
- Explore Sherpa and other ethnic communities
- Experience local culture and lifestyle of locals.
- Visit ancient Buddhist monasteries such as Jhapre Monastery
Pike Peak Trek is the most stunning, off the beaten track, parts of the Himalayas. Also known as High Solu, Pike Peak is situated in Everest region.
The trek offers 360 degree of Mountain view with mesmerizing sunrise and sunset. This trek is a perfect blend of Nature and Culture because you can enjoy the various Himalayan ranges, the well painted Buddhist monasteries and the rhododendron forest which can be perfect combination for
Pike Peak trekking allows you to experience authentic Sherpa and mixed culture and marvelous vistas of numerous mountains with four of the highest peaks in the world including Mt. Everest, Mt Kanchenjunga, Mt. Lhotse, Mt Makalu, Amadablam, Thamserku, Kantega, Kusum Kanguru and Mera Peak.
The route ascend to 4,065 meters and will require a moderate fitness level. Howver Pike peak trekking would be very worthwhile adventure.
Pike Peak: The foothills of the Khumbu RegionDownload trip Dossier
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1,302m/4,270ft)
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan International airport, our representative will be awaiting you to welcome with Nepal Sanctuary Treks placard. You will be then escorted and transfer to hotel. Further details and short preliminary briefing will be provided after transferring to the hotel. Stay overnight in Hotel.
- Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing and Trek preparation
Kathmandu is the cultural heart of Nepal and has been a famous destination for tourists ever since Nepal opened its borders to visitors. Today after breakfast, we will explore Kathmandu valley, a guided tour will be conducted to major world heritage sites inside the valley. Out city tour expert will take you to Kathmandu Durbar Square, the traditional heart of Kathmandu and an architecturally extraordinary complex of ancient palaces, temples, courtyards and shrines. You are then taken to Swayambhunath (monkey temple) which is the glorious ancient religious architecture and center faith of Hinduism and Buddhism. Further, you will be visiting Buddhist shrine of Boudhanath which is one of the largest stupa in the world and the sacred Pashupatinath temple that lies on the bank of Bagmati River in Kathmandu. After the tour you will have ample of time to prepare for your trek and buy or rent all the required trekking equipment. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 03: Departure from Kathmandu to Jiri (1,955m /6,414 ft):
After an early breakfast, we head off by private vehicle for Jiri which is 220 km from Kathmandu. The drive goes all the way through Kodari road (Tibet road) then turns off to Jiri & passes through the Bhotekoshi (River) which is one of the well-known rivers for the water based activities such as rafting and kayaking. After that, we traverse the bridge of the river falling down from Tibet border. We stay overnight in Jiri
- Drive along Bhotekoshi River.
- Glimpse of Gaurishankar, Annapurna range
- Pass through picturesque village and local market
- Day 04: Trek to Shivalaya (1,790m/5,872 ft) 4-6 hours walk
After breakfast, we climb the forested area to the east to a pass at 2,400m /7,874 ft. Then the trail descends slowly to Mali and the Yelung Khola. We traverse the bridge and walk down to the Khimti Khola, crossing it on a suspension bridge into Shivalaya for overnight.
- Walking through forest with hills on both sides
- Traverse the suspension bridge
- Explore Tamang and Newar ethnic community settlement in the village of Shivalaya.
- Day 05: Trek to Bhandar (2,200m/7,217 ft): 5/6 hours walk
Today we leave Shivalaya behind and continue to take gradual ascend through cultivated fields and small Tamang villages. The direct route to Deurali climbs a mud-covered gully up the end of the spur. We will stop at Deurali for lunch. After traversing a couple of flat wooden bridges, you will start the steep ascent to the Deurali pass on a zigzag forest trail. Deurali (2,705m/8,874 ft) is nestled by a grid of Mani walls carved thousands of times with the Tibetan Buddhist mantra. From here the trail plunges straight down the hillside. After an hour, you will reach the periphery of Bhandar (2,200m/7,217 ft), a Sherpa village which is littered amusing prayer walls and small Buddhist temples. We stay overnight in Bhandar.
- Walking through rhododendron, pine forest and several species of flora
- Mani wall carved in Buddhist mantra
- Explore the mixed settlement village
- Beautiful monasteries with prayer walls
- Pass through small village called Deurali where you can see superb view of Dudh Kunda Himal, Khatanga, Karylung and Pikey
- Day 06: Trek to Goli (3,060m/10,039 ft)- 7 hours walk
After breakfast we leave Bhandar behind and take a descent to the Likhu Khola. The walk is through the shaded of rhododendron and pine forest, passing small tea houses and farming communities. We stop for lunch at the riverside, before a fairly steep ascend up to our campsite where we stay overnight at Goli Kapte. This can often be quite a pleasant walk passing through villages and meeting school children walking to and from school or observing farmers working in the field. The view across the valley is of small villages, forest and terraced farming.
- View of Bara Himalaya range, Karylung, Lambur and several other peaks
- Superb view of picturesque village, forest and terraced farm across the valley from campsite
- Walk through blanketed forest of beautiful rhododendron and pine forests.
- Explore authentic Sherpa village called Goli.
- Enjoy delectable Sherpa cuisine.
- Visit 3 main monasteries which are run by Peekeye Hill Social Organization.
- Day 07: Trek to Pike Base Camp (3,585m/11,761 ft)- 7 hours walk
Today we continue to trek up hill through small communities. As you ascend you will get opportunity to see more amazing vistas of Himalayan range. We walk through forest; pass mani walls carved into the rock face on the way. We also visit the cheese factory as well.
- Walk through shaded dense forest of rhododendron and pine trees.
- Visit cheese factory
- View of Gaurishankar, Manaslu, Annapurna Range and several other peaks
- Pass through several inscribed mani walls.
- Day 08: Climb to Pike Peak (4,065m/13,336 ft) - 7-8 hours walk
Today we have to wake up early morning and start to trek up to Pikey Peak. Initially we walk through forest, until it opens up and we then continue upward. Once we arrive at the prayer flags that spot on the summit, then you can see the glimpse of mesmerizing vistas of sunrise over the majestic mountain like Kanchenjunga, Everest, Makalu, Lhotse, Khumbu Karna, Ama Dablam, Bharuntse, Mera Peak, Kangtega, Thamserku, Taboche Peak, Dudh Khunda, Numbur Himal, Gaurishankar, Langtang range, Gosaikund, Ganesh Himal and the Annapurna range In addition, more than 100 other peaks can be seen from this view point at 4,065 m. After enjoying the view from the Pikey summit, we walk back downhill to base camp for breakfast. Then we start to trek on the ridge to Bulbule and trek to Japre. Overnight at Japre at 2,870m.
- Visit ancient Japre Buddhist Monastery
- Superb view of major peaks Kanchenjunga, Everest, Makalu, Lhotse, Khumbu Kharna, Ama Dablam, Bharuntse, Mera Peak, Kangteka, Tamserku, Tauche Peak, Dudh Khunda, Numbur Himal, Gaurishankar, Langtang range, Gosaikund, Ganesh Himal, Annapurna along with many unnamed peaks.
- Fantastic vistas of green valley from Pikey Peak Summit.
- Day 09: Japre to Patalle (2,840m/9,317 ft) - 5-6 hours walk
On this day, you will be walking on ridge to Phokte danda and have chance to take a glimpse of Mount Everest and several other peaks till to Phokte danda. We walk through shaded rhododendron and pine forests. If you are lucky, you can see Ghoral, deer and red fox. We stop for lunch at Singaney. After lunch, we climb uphill for 2 hours that takes you to Patalle.
- Glimpse of Mount Everest on the way.
- Explore mixed settlement of Sherpa, Magar and Gurung
- If you trek on Saturday and Sunday then you can explore weekend local market.
- Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu. 6 hours drive
Today we bid farewell to the mountains and drive back into the Kathmandu Valley. Once you arrive Kathmandu, our representative will transfer you to Hotel. You can either take rest or go for shopping to get souvenir for your dear ones.
- Day 11: Departure
It is time to fly back to home keeping all the terrifying experiences of Nepal in mind.
The representative from Nepal Sanctuary Treks will transfer you to TIA airport where you should check-in 3 hours prior your scheduled flight.
Cost & Dates
- Guaranteed -
- Trek is Guaranteed to run
- Available -
- Trek is available to run in minimum group size is filled
- Limited -
- Only few space available
|Trek Start Date||Trek End Date||Price||Availability||Book|
|03 Mar, 2019||13 Mar, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|17 Mar, 2019||27 Mar, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|24 Mar, 2019||03 Apr, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|07 Apr, 2019||17 Apr, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|14 Apr, 2019||24 Apr, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|21 Apr, 2019||01 May, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|05 May, 2019||15 May, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|12 May, 2019||22 May, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|19 May, 2019||29 May, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|06 Oct, 2019||16 Oct, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|13 Oct, 2019||23 Oct, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|20 Oct, 2019||30 Oct, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|03 Nov, 2019||13 Nov, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|10 Nov, 2019||20 Nov, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|17 Nov, 2019||27 Nov, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
|24 Nov, 2019||04 Dec, 2019||US$ 829||Available||Book Now|
Not what you're looking for? Contact Travel SpecialistCustomize this Trip
- Buddhist Monastery, and blossom of rhododendrons, magnolia, wild orchid
- Explore typical Sherpa culture and tradition
- Explore Local village and Local market
- Beautiful landscapes and mixed Hindu and Buddhist settlement
- Clear and stunning sunrise and sunset views
- Backdrops of glorious Himalayan Range i.e. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Katenga, Thamserku and many other peaks
- Rich in wildlife such as mountain tars, bear, leopards, jackals, and birds like the Lophophorus
- Visit cheese factory and Japre Buddhist monastery
- Airport transfers
- Private vehicle to/from trek poin
- Hotels in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse Lodge with breakfast
- Trek Permits & National Park Fee,
- Staff insurance on the trek,
- Trek guide & porter/s
- Duffel bag
What's not Included
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and on trek (approx. US$ 20 per day)
- Beverages Personal equipment,
- Personal bills,
- International airfare
- Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects), Liability insurance
- Kathmandu Sightseeing tour (Optional)
Kathmandu Sightseeing Full day tour: US$ 60 (based on min 2 pax)
Kathmandu Sightseeing Half Day Tour US$ 40 (based on min 2 pax)
(With transfer, English speaking guide and entrance fees)