- Max altitude : (5,400m/17,716ft)
- Suitably designed itinerary for acclimatization
- Accommodation in the best-selected lodges and tea houses along the trail and in Kathmandu
- Crossing Thorong La, one of the most challenging pass
- Views of Annapurna Range, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Gangapurna and Tilicho Lake
- Traditional villages inhabited by Gurung, Thakali, Tamang, etc
- The fauna found in the region- pika, blue sheep, and Himalayan Tahr.
- One of the most popular trekking route of Nepal
Annapurna Circuit Trek in Nepal is one of the best long and beautiful treks in the world. Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) completed an alternative trekking route in 2006 and named them NATT (New Annapurna Trekking Trails). And finally, back in 2012, NATT renamed Natural Annapurna Trekking trail which avoids the newly open roads.
Since the Annapurna Circuit opened to foreign trekkers in 1977, this trek has become renowned as one of the most spectacular trekking routes in the world. It incorporates dramatic deep gorges, high mountain passes, Buddhist temples, and rustic villages. Moreover, you will get to see a superb view of the Annapurna Massif and Dhaulagiri. The variety of landscapes ranging from subtropical through alpine peaks to an arid semidesert is another highlight of this trek.
The climax of the trek is crossing the iconic Thorong La Pass (5,416 m). Whereas, the view of the numerous peaks like Annapurna I-IV, Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Nilgiri, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri, and other adjacent peaks from the pass is extremely dazzling.
Classic Annapurna Circuit Trek in Nepal consists of a circular route around the Annapurna Massif. It follows a path that will take you to the Marsyangdi Valley to the north of the main Himalayan range and crosses a Throng La Pass. Further, the trail descends onto a high-altitude plateau that takes you south along the remarkable valley of Kali Gandaki.
Besides, a varied landscape and majestic mountains, the walk passes through the typical villages of diverse ethnic groups such as Gurung, Magar, and Thakali.
This is a sample itinerary of the Annapurna Circuit Trek in Nepal. We can tailor-make the program as per your needs and preferences. Want to know more about Annapurna Circuit Trek? Contact us
Note: Below trekking hours, altitudes and distances are approximate, and absolutely for the general idea only.