- Spectacular mountain scenery through charming villages inhabited by the Gurungs and Magars
- Dense rhododendron forests full of birds and deep sub-tropical valleys
- Panorama Mountain views of Annapurna, ranges of Dhaulagiri, Lamjung, Fishtail, Gangapurna and diversity landscapes of surrounding valley
- Stunning sunrise view from Poonhill
- Explore Pokhara, Lumbini and Tansen
This tour encompasses the combination of trekking, wildlife adventure, cultural heritage and magnificent views of the mountain.
Tour begin with visiting Kathmandu UNESCO world heritage sites. Next, trek to Poonhill that offers spectacular vistas of mountain, observe culture and tradition. You will also explore Pokhara valley, Tansen, Lumbini , the birthplace of Buddha. You will be visiting Chitwan National Park to experience wilderness and engaging in various jungle activities.
Divine Experience: Shrine to mystical Mountain and amazing wildlifeDownload Trip Dossier
- Day 01: Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1,302m/4,270ft)
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan International airport, our representative will be awaiting you to welcome with Nepal Sanctuary Treks placard. You will be then escorted and transfer to hotel. Further details and short preliminary briefing will be provided after transferring to the hotel. Stay overnight in Hotel.
- Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing and Trek preparation
Kathmandu is the cultural heart of Nepal and popularly known as “City of temples”. After having hearty breakfast, we will explore vibrant and culturally rich Kathmandu valley. A guided cultural tour will be conducted inside the valley.
We will start off visiting Kathmandu Durbar Square, the traditional heart of Kathmandu and an architecturally extraordinary complex of ancient palaces, temples, courtyards and shrines. You are then taken to Swayambhunath (monkey temple) which is the magnificent ancient religious architecture and center faith of Hinduism and Buddhism. Its lofty white dome and dazzling golden spire are visible from far and wide.
Next, is Buddhist shrine of Boudhanath, one of the largest stupa in the world as well as the sacred Buddhist sites in Kathmandu. Further, we visit Pashupatinath temple, a Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva located on the bank of Bagmati River. You can see elaborately dressed holy men meditating outside the temple and pilgrims placing offerings at the shrines. You can also observe people performing religious ritual and funeral pyres burn at open-air cremation.
After visiting fascinating cultural heritage sites, you will transfer back to Hotel. The evening can either be spent strolling the marketplaces in Kathmandu or resting at the hotel.
· Visit Heritage sites i.e. Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath
- Day 03: Fly to Pokhara (895m/2,938ft) – Nayapul (1,074m/3,525ft) - Ulleri 1,309m/4,296ft) 4hrs trek
You will be transferred to the airport and will take flight to Pokhara. From Pokhara we will drive to Nayapul from where our trek will start. We will meet our accompanying trekking crew there and after a short briefing about the trek we will leave for Birethati (1,025m/3,362ft) down the hill from Nayapul. We will trek uphill to Hille and continuing the trek while we pass more villages like Tikhedhunga and continue a path having 3,200 steep stone steps that will lead to getting our first view of Annapurna south and finally reach Ulleri by evening.
· Enjoy spectacular flight to Pokhara where you can see Himalayan vista
· Pass through picturesque village and cultivated fields
- Day 04: Ulleri – Ghorepani (2,750m/9,022ft) 5hrs trek
After breakfast we continue our trek to our next destination Ghorepani. It is believed that the village was named Ghorepani as in the past it used to be rest place for merchants where they found water for their horses, from where the name became ‘Ghora’ horse and ‘pani’ water. This part of the trek is the challenging one; the trail is uneven as it leads hills to hill making the trekkers trek down hills and up hills too. We climb to the Ghorepani through stone stairs. As we take ascend you can see beautiful scenery of Annapurna South. We walk through forest filled with trees often in bloom and bamboo plants. Trekking higher passing through Banthanti and Nagathanti (2,520m/8267ft) we will reach Ghorepani approximately within couple of hours. We will rest at Ghorepani and prepare ourselves for next day’s Poonhill trek.
· Walk through rhododendron and bamboo forests
· Pass picturesque villages and several tea houses
· Explore Magar settlement
· Ghorepani village presents panoramic backdrops of the surrounding mountains like Annapurna South and Nilgiri mountains.
· Explore Ghorepani village and shop local products such as handbags and crafts
- Day 05: Ghorepani – Poonhill – Tadapani (2,590m/8,497ft) 6hrs trek
With an very early rise we will start climbing uphill with a 45 minutes hike to witness the sunrise from Poonhill , after watching a beautiful view of mountains to all the directions of Poonhill we will return back to Ghorepani for breakfast . We will then continue our trek that wends its way north along the ridge line of magnificent views of the Annapurna’s stretching out from east to west. Continuing the trail we will descend steeply down to a small settlement and eventually the gorge and the trail enters an open area and descends again before our final uphill climb through dense forest to our destination where we will be lodging overnight at Tadapani
· Amazing views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range
· Walk through rhododendron forest
- Day 06: Tadapani – Ghandruk (1,970m/6,463ft) approx 3hrs walk
After breakfast we leave for Ghandruk, with an easy walk downhill to lower altitude we will reach unusual oval shaped houses and stoned streets of the people following Gurung Ethnicity, settlement of the Ghandruk, The largest Gurung Settlement in the area. We will reach there by lunch time and in the afternoon explore the village. Overnight at Lodge.
· Explore Gurung settlement at Ghandruk
- Day 07: Ghandruk to Potana (1,990m/6,528ft) 5-6 hours walk
After the breakfast, we start our trek with a steep decline following a stone stairs to Kimbu (Bee Hive), situated at altitude of 1200m on the bank of the Modi Khola. We keep on walking upwards all the way through Landruk, after that Deurali (2,150m) by way of Tolkha village (1,850m). You can enjoy beautiful backdrops of Dhaulagiri I, Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhare, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Annapurna II and Lamjung Himal. After that we take descends that lead us to Pothana village. We stay overnight at lodge.
· View of Dhaulagiri I, Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhare, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Annapurna II and Lamjung Himal.
- Day 08: Pothana to Pokhara via Dhampus 4-5hours
After the decent breakfast leave Pothana behind and trek to Dhampus (1,580m). Dhampus lie out at the end of the ridge then walk down steeply to the valley floor. Drive back along a road to Pokhara. Overnight stay in hotel
· Walk through cultivated terraces
· Majestic view of the holy mountain Machhapuchre 6,973mtrs (Fish Tail) and Annapurna Range from Pothana
- Day 09: Explore Pokhara Valley
After an early breakfast we will do sightseeing in Pokhara Valley. We visit many place of interests like World Peace Pagoda, Davids fall, Gupteswor cave, boating at Phewa lake, visit Barahi temple and enjoy the superb backdrop of Annapurna Massif, Dhaulagiri Range, Machhapuchre as well as clear sunrise and sunset view.
- Day 10: Drive from Pokhara to Tansen 123km , Approximately 4 hours
After having breakfast we drive to Tansen which is 17th century city that offers the vantage point of Shreenagar Hill from where awe-inspiring Himalayan backdrop from Dhaulagiri in the west to Ganesh Himal in the east can be seen. We visit to Ranighat, the palace built on the banks of the Kali Gandaki River in commemoration of his beloved wife Tej Kumari.
· Himalayan backdrop from Dhaulagiri in the west to Ganesh Himal in the east from Shreenagar Hill
· Visit Ranighat palace
- Day 11: Drive from Tansen to Lumbini (44km) approximately 1 hour 30 minutes- Bhairawaha (25km) Approximately 1 hour
After the breakfast, we drive to Lumbini, the birthplace of Buddha where we visit Secret Garden, Maya Devi Temple, Ashoka Pillar, Puskarani or Holy Pond where Queen Mayadevi had taken a bath just before giving birth to the Buddha. After sightseeing, we drive to Bhairahawa and stay overnight in hotel.
· Visit Lumbini palace premises
- Day 12: Drive to Chitwan National Park.(138km), Approx 2 hours 45 minutes
After the breakfast, we will leave Lumbini to get Chitwan and cabin in a wilderness inn. After check-in at hotel, we take rest and explore Tharu village.
- Explore Tharu village and their culture
- Day 13: Full Day Safari
After the breakfast, you will spend your day in Chitwan National Park engaging in different jungle activities such as jungle walk, canoeing, bird watching, cultural tour and others.
- Jungle Safari, Jungle walk
- Bird watching
- Opportunity to see one-horned rhinoceros, tigers and the narrow-snouted gharial crocodile and many more
- Day 14: Fly back to Kathmandu
We will have an early breakfast at the hotel then be transferred to the airport and take flight back to Kathmandu. After landing in Kathmandu you will then be accompanied to your hotel and you have free time for yourself.
- Day 15: Back Home
It is time to fly back to home keeping all the terrifying experiences of Nepal in mind.
The representative from Nepal Sanctuary Treks will transfer you to TIA airport where you should check-in 3 hours prior your scheduled flight.
Our entire holiday went like clockwork, especially our tour to Pokhara, Lumbini, and Chitwan. We have already started saving for a return trip to Nepal next year.We really had truly meaningful and wonderful experience throughout the trip.
Lindsey, like me, has fallen in love with Nepal. We look forward to our next visit.
We express our sincere thanks to Tulsi and Jyotsna for organized trip and helping to make our trip so memorable.