- Max altitude : Nyingma Gyanzen La pass (5,563 m/18,251ft)
- Suitably designed itinerary for acclimatization
- Accommodation in the best selected lodges and tea houses along the trail and in Kathmandu
- Cross steep hills,4 high passes above 5,000m, Buddhist monasteries and visit spectacular Phoksundo Lake and Nepal’s biggest Lake Rara
- Experience traditional Buddhists and Bon culture
- Off the beaten trail passing traditional Buddhist, Bon and Shamanistic villages and many Buddhist monasteries
- Beautiful views of Dhaulagiri range, Tibetan plateau and the crystal mountain
Trail passes through National Park so chances of spotting rare animals and plants is high; Blue sheep, wolves and snow leopard
The Dolpa to Rara trek is a challenging trek where you are likely to trek for 6-7 hours a day and cross steep hills and high passes. Dolpa region is situated between the Tibetan plateau and Dhaulagiri ranges.
The trek passes through Buddhist region where you will come across colorful prayer flags, mani walls, and monasteries. The trail passes through two beautiful lakes, Shey Phoksundo Lake and Rara Lake. Rara Lake is the biggest lake in Nepal; it has been a popular trekking destination with a very rough route.
On the route, we trek via Shey Gompa, a spiritual heart of Dolpa region situated at the base of Crystal Mountain.
It is a divine place situated at the base of Crystal Mountain. Crystal Mountain is a place visited by thousands of pilgrims each year where they make a circuit around the mountain. We believe Dolpo is a kind of Mount Kailash.
Dolpa to Rara trek is a combination of unforgettable landscapes, rare view of preserved culture and beautiful scenery from the passes.
Our trekking route in this region is different from other routes as our route passes through the remote and isolated area where you will trek through more challenging and wilder trail.