The most popular pilgrimage tour to Mt. Kailash is by far the 18-Day Mt.Kailash & Lake Mansarovar from Simikot.
Trip Code NSTR263
- Day 01: Fly to Nepalgunj from Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 02: Fly to Simikot (2960m). Commence your trek to Tuling 2270m.
- Day 03: Trek to Kermi 2690m.
- Day 04: Trek to Yanger 2850m.
- Day 05: Rest and explore the area.
- Day 06: Trek to Torea 3380m.
- Day 07: Trek to Sipsip 4330m
- Day 08: Trek over the pass of Nara Lagna at 4580m and on to Sher (3860). Complete formalities on the both sides of the border then drive to Taklakot (3930m).
- Day 09: Drive for about 100 KM to Darchen ( and on to a big meadow for overnight.
- Day 10: Commence circumambulation of Mt. Kailash for 6-7 hours (parikrama). Camp at Diraphuk.
- Day 10: Trek for 6-7 hours and Camp at Zutrulphuk.
- Day 11: Trek to Darchen (4560m.)(6-7 hours) & continue to Chiu Monastery at Lake Mansarovar. Camp.
- Day 12: Pay homage, explore Lake Mansarovar.
- Day 13: Drive to Thirthapuri (4300.) (6-7 hours). Overnight at camp.
- Day 14: Drive to Nyogze (4350m). Overnight at camp.
- Day 15: Drive to Paryang (4450m) (5-6 hours). Overnight at camp.
- Day 16: Drive to Saga (4400m) (6-7 hours). Overnight at camp.
- Day 17: Drive to upper Nyalam (3750m) (7-8 hours). Overnight at Camp/Hotel.
- Day 18: Drive to Zhangmu (2300m.) and onto Kathmandu (6-7 hours).