The Ambassador Hotel is a four-star deluxe hotel situated in the Lazimpat. It originated in the 1960s as a set of apartments intended for British Embassy diplomats. In 1978, due to its increasing popularity and the thriving tourism industry, it underwent a transformation into a full-fledged 40-room hotel. In 2013, a complete reconstruction took place to enhance both the rooms and facilities.
The bustling streets of Thamel are easily reachable on foot from the hotel. Moreover, the hotel’s strategic location offers convenient access to the city’s numerous attractions and notable sites.
At the Ambassador Hotel’s restaurant, a diverse range of culinary delights from various continents are served. Additionally, guests have the opportunity to indulge in retail therapy at the delightful boutique store situated within the hotel premises.
The property is around 25 minutes drive from the Tribhuvan International Airport
- They have replaced one-time useable plastic slippers with reusable slippers.
- They prominently feature regional or local cuisine on their menu.
- Prioritize purchasing local ingredients for its culinary operation
- Hotel collaborates with Khalisisi for recycling
- In event halls during the events, they use refillable water bottles.
- Hotel practices separation of waste
- Implemented energy-efficient lighting throughout the hotel
- Water-efficient fixtures in all bathrooms
- Recycling bins available for guests in common areas
- Employ local staff
- Provide electronic alternatives for guest services
- Offer paperless options for guest communication
- Provide thorough training on safety and emergency procedures