- Kathmandu valley sightseeing
- Scenic flight to and from Pokhara
- Magnificent mountains view of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and several other peaks
- Superb sunrise view over the Himalaya
- Explore the beautiful Gurung and Magar villages
- Walk through rhododendron forests
- If you are lucky, you might encounter with musk deer, pheasant and red fox
- You can see Dzo grazing in the fields
- Passing through beautiful terraced fields and charming village
- Walk through grassy slope
The Kopra Ridge is located away from the crowded trails of Annapurna region but provides equally remarkable views of the Himalayas including Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Fang and Nilgiri.
It is one of the most exotic and interesting trek routes in Annapurna region. Kopra ridge is newly established trek as a tourist destination. This trek contains all of the elements of a classic Nepal trekking experience including villages, wildlife, panoramic mountain views and range of landscape from forest to high alpine.
Kopra Ridge TrekDownload Trip Dossier
Note: below trekking hours, altitudes and distances are approximate, and absolutely for general idea only
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1,302m/4,270ft)
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan International airport, our representative will be awaiting you to welcome with Nepal Sanctuary Treks placard. You will be then escorted and transfer to hotel. Further details and short preliminary briefing will be provided after transferring to the hotel. Stay overnight in Hotel.
- Arrival at charming and exotic city engrossed with ancient temples and tradition. Fused with lively markets and the bustle of spice sellers and merchants.
- Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing and Trek preparation
Kathmandu is the cultural heart of Nepal and popularly known as “City of temples”. After having hearty breakfast, we will explore vibrant and culturally rich Kathmandu valley. A guided cultural tour will be conducted inside the valley.
We will start off visiting Kathmandu Durbar Square, the traditional heart of Kathmandu and an architecturally extraordinary complex of ancient palaces, temples, courtyards and shrines. You are then taken to Swayambhunath (monkey temple) which is the magnificent ancient religious architecture and center faith of Hinduism and Buddhism. Its lofty white dome and dazzling golden spire are visible from far and wide.
Next, is Buddhist shrine of Boudhanath, one of the largest stupa in the world as well as the sacred Buddhist sites in Kathmandu. Further, we visit Pashupatinath temple, a Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva located on the bank of Bagmati River. You can see elaborately dressed holy men meditating outside the temple and pilgrims placing offerings at the shrines. You can also observe people performing religious ritual and funeral pyres burn at open-air cremation.
After visiting fascinating cultural heritage sites, you will transfer back to Hotel. The evening can either be spent strolling the marketplaces in Kathmandu or resting at the hotel.
· Visit Heritage sites i.e. Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath
- Day 03: Kathmandu– Pokhara (895m/2,938ft) 25 mins flight – Nayapul (1,074m/3,525ft) 1hr drive – Birethati (1,025m/3,362ft) 30 mins hike
You will be transferred to the airport and take scenic flight to Pokhara. If the weather is clear, you will be able to see amazing views of Annapurna’s. After landing, we drive for about an hour along the Seti River valley from Pokhara to the trek start point. From Pokhara we will drive to Nayapul from where our trek will begin. We will meet our accompanying trekking crew in Nayapul and after a short briefing about the trek we will leave for Birethati (1,025m/3,362ft) down the hill from Nayapul. Once we reach Birethati we will check-in at Lodge. The Sanctuary Lodge is located a few miles from Birethanti village overlooking the Modi River. The lodge is a typical Kerr and Downey set up with comfortable sitting lounge, dining room and eye-catching gardens. We will have our lunch here and have a leisure time to walk around hotel or take rest.
· Explore the mixed settlement of Birethati village.
· Spectacular flight to Pokhara
- Day 04: Birethati – Ghandruk village (1,970m/6,463ft) 4 – 5hrs hike
After an early breakfast we start to ascend uphill to Ghandruk. The trail to Ghandruk passes through rhododendron and oak forest. After 3 hrs hike we reach Kimche (1,554m/5,098ft) for lunch. Then we continue to climb further higher until we will reach unusual oval shaped houses and stoned streets of the people following Gurung ethnicity. Ghandruk is a charming village of the largest Gurung Settlement. We stay overnight in lodge.
- Views of Annapurna, Annapurna South, Himchuli and Macchapuchhre Himal
- Explore Gurung village and museums
- Observe oval shaped houses and stoned streets.
- Day 05: Ghandruk – Tadapani (2,590m/8,497ft) 4-5 hrs hike
With an early start, from Ghandruk we continue upwards through Bheri kharka and stop here for lunch. We continue to trek into the rhododendron forest and over a small pass to Tadapani. Walking uphill, we will reach the village of Tadapani where we stay overnight here.
- Views of Annapurna, Annapurna South, Himchuli, Macchapuchhre Himal
- Walk through rhododendron forests
- Explore village of Gurung settlement
- You might encounter with troops of langur monkeys
- Day 06: Tadapani – Bayeli Kharka (3,420m/11,220ft) 6-7 hours hike
Today we leave Tadapani as well as the main trail and for the next five days we will walk in more unexplored villages of the Annapurna region, while staying at a network of community lodges.
Today is a lovely trek through rhododendron and oak forest following a trail originally used by villagers from Ghandruk. The trail starts to ascend above the tree line and follows a ridge to Deurali (small pass) and then continues up to Bayeli Kharka where we will stay overnight in the first community lodge. A clear view of Mt. Dhaulagiri can be seen to the west of the lodge.
- If you are lucky you might encounter with musk deer, pheasant and red fox
- View of Mt. Dhaulagiri range, Dhampus and Tukuche peak.
- Walk through rhododendron and oak forest
- Day 07: Bayeli Kharka – Upper Chistibung (2,975m/9,760ft) 4hrs trek
Today’s trekking route is on a grassy slope and passes through numerous herders’ huts and Dzo (cross of Yak and cow) grazing in the fields. If you’re lucky you might spot beautiful Daphe pheasant, the national bird of Nepal as well the Himalayan Tahr high above the trail. Once we arrive Upper Chistibung we will rest and stay overnight at community lodge.
- Walk through lush slope
- You can see Dzo grazing in the fields
- You might encounter with beautiful Daphe pheasant and Himalayan Thar
- Views of Dhaulagiri range.
- Day 08: Upper Chistibung – Kopra Ridge (3,660m/12,007ft) 3 – 4hrs trek
Today we leave for Kopra Ridge, as the trail starts we trek through steady ascent alpine meadows and as we reach closer to Kopra ride we will see the tip of Annapurna south. However, from Kopra Ridge the full panorama of Mt. Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri, Fang and Annapurna south can also be seen. We will reach there by lunch hour so after lunch we can go for a short walk around the ridge for better views as we are staying overnight here.
- If you are lucky you might see musk deer, goral and pheasant
- Spectacular views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Fang and Nilgiri, Fang and Annapurna south from Kopra ridge
- Day 09: Day hike from Kopra Ridge
Today we will stay back in Kopra Ridge so a day hike to nearby destination will be organized. The best option for a day hike would be towards Kaire Lake, from there the view of Fang and surrounding mountains are amazing. As it is a long hike to the Lake, it might take 11 hours to reach there and return back to the lodge. For the ones who will not be able to hike all the way up to the Lake can join another half day hike. We all will return back to the lodge at Kopra Ridge for overnight.
- Walk all the way up to the beautiful Khaire lake
- Spectacular views of Mt. Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri, Fang and Annapurna south
- Day 10: Kopra Ridge – Swanta Village (2,200m/7,217ft) 5hrs hike
Today we trek to Swanta village, the trail takes an hour of descending until we get to Upper Chistibung where we can enjoy drinks and take rest. Continuing our trek we descend further downwards to Swanta Village. Views of Mt. Dhaulagiri can be seen through the trail providing a lovely backdrop to the terraced fields and traditional houses in the nearby villages. Once we reach the village we can explore around, specially the Swanta Primary School where two of the teachers are supported/funded from the profits earned by the community lodges. We will spend our night here in the village.
- Explore Swanta village, the Magar settlement
- Terraced fields of maize, potato, wheat and buckwheat
- Views of Mt. Dhaulagiri through the trail
- Explore Swanta Primary School
- Pass through picturesque villages
- Day 11: Swanta Village – Ulleri (1,309m/4,296ft) 6-7 hours hike
Today we descend to Ulleri, walking down for few minutes we will join the main trail to Ghorepani from where we walk downhill through rhododendron forest to Ulleri and stop at Ulleri for the night. Ulleri is a famous village of the region as many trekkers pass through the village during their trek in the Annapurna region.
- Experience Magar culture and lifestyle
- Views of Machhapuchre, Annapurna and Annapurna south
- Day 12: Ulleri– Nayapul –Pokhara, approx. 4hrs trek
After a hearty breakfast, we join the trail that descends downhill all the way to Birethati and back to Nayapul from where our trek started. As a vehicle will be waiting for us in Nayapul, we will return to Pokhara and stay overnight in hotel.
- Scenic drive to Pokhara passing villages and observe people working in fields.
- Day 13: Flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu
After breakfast, we take a flight back to Kathmandu. Upon arrival, our representative will transfer you to hotel. You can spend the day rest or catch up on some last minute shopping or shop for some locally made handicrafts and souvenirs. Stay overnight in Hotel.
Scenic flight to Kathmandu
- Day 14: Back home
It is time to fly back to home keeping all the terrifying experiences of Nepal in mind.The representative from Nepal Sanctuary Treks will transfer you to TIA airport where you should check-in 3 hours prior your scheduled flight.
Cost & Dates
- Guaranteed -
- Trek is Guaranteed to run
- Available -
- Trek is available to run in minimum group size is filled
- Limited -
- Only few space available
|Trek Start Date||Trek End Date||Price||Availability||Book|
|03 Mar, 2019||16 Mar, 2019||US$ 913||Available||Book Now|
|17 Mar, 2019||23 Mar, 2019||US$ 913||Available||Book Now|
|07 Apr, 2019||20 Apr, 2019||US$ 913||Available||Book Now|
|21 Apr, 2019||04 May, 2019||US$ 913||Available||Book Now|
|05 May, 2019||18 May, 2019||US$ 913||Available||Book Now|
|12 May, 2019||25 May, 2019||US$ 913||Available||Book Now|
|06 Oct, 2019||19 Oct, 2019||US$ 913||Available||Book Now|
|13 Oct, 2019||26 Oct, 2019||US$ 913||Available||Book Now|
|20 Oct, 2019||02 Nov, 2019||US$ 913||Available||Book Now|
|03 Nov, 2019||16 Nov, 2019||US$ 913||Available||Book Now|
|10 Nov, 2019||16 Nov, 2019||US$ 913||Available||Book Now|
|17 Nov, 2019||30 Nov, 2019||US$ 913||Available||Book Now|
- Max altitude : (3,660m/12,007ft)
- Trek Destination : Kopra Ridge
- Suitably designed itinerary for acclimatization
- Accommodation in the best selected lodges and tea houses along the trail and in Kathmandu
- Impressive views of Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Barha Shikhar, Annapurna Range, Hiunchuli, Fishtail and many more mountains.
- Traditional villages inhabited by Gurung, Thakali, Tamang etc
- Fauna found in the region- pika, blue sheep and Himalayan Tahr.
- Airport transfers,
- Private transfer to/from trek
- Internal flight Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu
- 3 nights accommodation at ***Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast,
- 1 night accommodation *** Hotel in Pokhara with breakfast,
- 10 days Tea house lodge with breakfast
- Trek Permits & National Park Fee,
- Staff insurance on the trek,
- Trek guide & porter/s
- Duffel bag
What's not Included
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu, Pokhara (approx. US$ 20 per day)
- Personal equipment,
- Personal bills,
- International airfare
- Excess baggage beyond 15 kilo including day pack Visa fee: US$ 25 for 15 days and US$ 40 for 30 days multiple entry
- Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects), Liability Insurance
- Optional Kathmandu Sightseeing tour
Kathmandu Sightseeing Full day tour: US$ 60 (based on min 2 pax)
Kathmandu Sightseeing Half Day Tour US$ 40 (based on min 2 pax)
(With transfer, English speaking guide and entrance fees)
Most Common FAQs
- 1 . Why choose Kopra Ridge trek?
Kopra Ridge trek is newly discovered short trekking route in the Annapurna region; it is an alternative for Ghorepaani Poonhill trek. Although Kopra Ridge is in the heart of Annapurna region yet it remains rural and unknown for trekkers. The trek includes experiencing traditional village culture, wildlife, panoramic mountain views and rage of landscape from forest to high alpine, it is a classic trek. The trek passes through a different trail away from the crowded Annapurna trail.
- 2 . How fit do I need to be for this trek?
You will be walking for minimum of 5 – 7hrs a day, you don’t have to really fit but minimum level of fitness is required as the trek is not an easy one. You do have to be healthy and mentally prepared for trekking in this region although it doesn’t require mountaineering skills.
- 3 . What is the best time of the year for this trek?
The trek is possible throughout the year. However, autumn and spring are the best seasons; choose to trek in autumn (Sep-Nov) as spring is busy with expedition stuff.
- 4 . Why should I trek with Nepal Sanctuary Treks (NST)?
We (NST) believe in socially and environmentally responsible, sustainable tourism. Our personalized services are guided by these principles and our 27 yrs of experience in the field of trekking is invaluable in giving our clients quality service. Our itineraries are suitably designed for acclimatization and we use the best selected lodges through the trail and in Kathmandu.
- 5 . Can children trek in this region or are there any age restrictions?
Yes, children can trek as there is no age restrictions. Nepal Sanctuary Trek can design suitable trekking itinerary for all age group above 8yrs. However, for children fewer than 8 can have high time trekking for longer period of time and altitude sickness can be a problem.
- 6 . What to take for the trek (clothes, personal kits)?
To make it easier for you Nepal Sanctuary Treks have prepared you a kit check list, you can have a look at it below:
- 7 . Do I need travel insurance covered while trekking/traveling in Nepal?
Insurance is a compulsion as anything can happen in the trek; for emergency rescue, personal liabilities, cancellation, loss of luggage and other reasons if necessary.
- 8 . How much weight do I have to carry or how much will my porter carry?
You can bring as much as clothes you want but extra luggage is not required for the trek, you can leave your extra luggage in Kathmandu or Pokhara’s hotel. For the trek you can carry enough clothes you require in your backpack or carry only the camera, water bottle few clothes etc in your backpack. The potter can carry your extra duffle bag clothes which can weigh up to 15 to 30kg and a camping porter carries up to 30kg. However, the local domestic flights allows maximum of 18kg per person.
- 9 . What medical facilities are there on Kopra Ridge trek?
In case of emergency you need to get evacuated by helicopter to Kathmandu, you need to take proper care of your health. Anyways, you will find small clinics along the trek. However, you need to bring your medicine (if any) and a first aid box will be provided by Nepal Sanctuary Treks, also your guide will be trained for first aid in case of emergency.
For further enquiries you can contact Nepal Sanctuary Treks at: