Tiger Tops Tharu Lodge is a wilderness eco-lodge located 4 km from the picturesque Chitwan National Park. The lodge comprises 12 rooms, each with en suite bathrooms built-in local style plus plenty of greenery. The lodge features the perfect combination of a tranquil and enchanting wilderness haven fused with local architecture.
Tiger Tops Tharu Lodge adopted environmentally responsible, eco-friendly and sustainable tourism policy. Following are some sustainable initiatives taken by Tiger Tops Tharu Lodge:
- The lodge use solar power for hot showers in the en suite baths and provides power to the reading lamps and ceiling fans
- The accommodation are built from sustainable building materials carried out by local craftsmen
- Since the inception, Tiger Tops has practiced organic farming and cooking. The food comes from their organic garden whereas other ingredients are obtained from local farmers, ensuring meal healthy, organic and sustainable meals are served to guests.
- Offers exceptional and comfortable insight into Nepalese village life where guests get opportunity to experience rural Nepalese life.
- Various activities are organized during the stay such as exploring the surrounding villages and wildlife experience by foot or bullock cart, bird watching tour, boating, jungle walk.
- Tiger Tops ensures that all operations minimize their adverse environmental and social effects
- Every effort is made to lessen waste and adverse environmental impacts within the group´s daily operations by recycling and using responsible disposal systems.
- To lower energy and pollutants, the lodge vehicles are well-maintained to emission control standards and use ox carts for transportation when possible