Everest Summit Lodge runs five high-quality mountain lodges up in the Everest Region: Lukla, Monjo, Mende, Tashinga, and Pangboche, Hattiban resort in Kathmandu, and River Summit Lodge, Kurintar.
The lodges incorporate elements of local art, and architecture and use environmentally friendly solar power solutions to make a great level of comfort and sustainability.
- Social and environmental initiatives adopted by Everest Summit Lodge:
- Operate the properties responsibly, which supports the environment and local communities
- Avoid firewood and use Gas or Solar powered hot water for showers
- Use Euro guard water filter for drinking
- Plastic water bottles are not sold at any of Everest Lodges
- Install energy-efficient light bulbs i.e. Photovoltaic panels
- Set up Green horticultural servicing with greenhouse
- Offering guest rooms with windows that open or are part of a fresh-air exchange system
- Give an option to the guests of reusing the towel and sheets
- Non-biodegradable litter brought back to Kathmandu
- All Lodges have High Altitude Pressure bags for Emergency
- Employ local men and women at lodges.
- Much of the fresh produce is purchased from the local village, which helps to support the local community.