- Spectacular mountain scenery through charming villages inhabited by the Gurungs and Magars
- Dense rhododendron forests full of birds and deep sub-tropical valleys
- Panorama mountain views of Annapurna, ranges of Dhaulagiri, Lamjung, Fishtail, Gangapurna and diversity landscapes of surrounding valley
- Stunning sunrise view from Poonhill
A combination of the most beautiful and popular peaks; Poon Hill peak (3,210 m/10,531 ft) and the Muldai Peak (3,637 m/11,932 ft) is a perfect exploration trek that offers you the best possible opportunity to get to know and love the uniquely vibrant local culture, the plentiful flora and fauna of the Annapurna region and ever-increasing magic in the build-up of mountain views.
Poonhill/Mulde Peak TrekDownload Trip Dossier
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1,302m/4,270ft)
Upon arrival at Tribhuwan International airport, our representative will be awaiting you to welcome with Nepal Sanctuary Treks placard. You will be then escorted and transfer to hotel. Further details and short preliminary briefing will be provided after transferring to the hotel. Stay overnight in Hotel.
- Day 02: Optional Kathmandu valley sightseeing and Trek preparation
Kathmandu is the cultural heart of Nepal and popularly known as “City of temples”. After having hearty breakfast, we will explore vibrant and culturally rich Kathmandu valley. A guided cultural tour will be conducted inside the valley.
We will start off visiting Kathmandu Durbar Square, the traditional heart of Kathmandu and an architecturally extraordinary complex of ancient palaces, temples, courtyards and shrines. You are then taken to Swayambhunath (monkey temple) which is the magnificent ancient religious architecture and center faith of Hinduism and Buddhism. Its lofty white dome and dazzling golden spire are visible from far and wide.
Next, is Buddhist shrine of Boudhanath, one of the largest stupa in the world as well as the sacred Buddhist sites in Kathmandu. Further, we visit Pashupatinath temple, a Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva located on the bank of Bagmati River. You can see elaborately dressed holy men meditating outside the temple and pilgrims placing offerings at the shrines. You can also observe people performing religious ritual and funeral pyres burn at open-air cremation.
After visiting fascinating cultural heritage sites, you will transfer back to Hotel. The evening can either be spent strolling the marketplaces in Kathmandu or resting at the hotel.
· Visit Heritage sites i.e. Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath
- Day 03: Kathmandu – Pokhara (895m/2,938ft) – Nayapul 1 ½ hours drive (1,074m/3,525ft) - Ulleri (1,309m/4,296ft) 4 hrs trek
You will be transferred to the airport and will take flight to Pokhara. From Pokhara we will drive to Nayapul from where our trek will start. We will meet our accompanying trekking crew there and after a short briefing about the trek we will leave for Birethati (1,025m/3,362ft) down the hill from Nayapul. We will trek uphill to Hille and continuing the trek while we pass more villages like Tikhedhunga and continue a path having 3,200 steep stone steps that will lead to getting our first view of Annapurna south and finally reach Ulleri by evening.
· Enjoy spectacular flight to Pokhara where you can see Himalayan vista
· Pass through picturesque village and cultivated fields
- Day 04: Ulleri – Ghorepani (2,750m/9,022ft) 5hrs trek
After breakfast we continue our trek to our next destination Ghorepani. It is believed that the village was named Ghorepani as in the past it used to be rest place for merchants where they found water for their horses, from where the name became ‘Ghora’ horse and ‘pani’ water. This part of the trek is the challenging one; the trail is uneven as it leads hills to hill making the trekkers trek down hills and up hills too. We climb to the ghorepani through stone stairs. As we take ascend you can see beautiful scenery of Annapurna South. We walk through forest filled with trees often in bloom and bamboo plants. Trekking higher passing through Banthanti and Nagathanti (2,520m/8267ft) we will reach Ghorepani approximately within couple of hours. We will rest at Ghorepani and prepare ourselves for next day’s Poonhill trek.
- Walk through rhododendron and bamboo forests
- Pass picturesque villages and several tea houses
- Explore Magar settlement
- Ghorepani village presents panoramic backdrops of the surrounding mountains like Annapurna South and Nilgiri mountains.
- Explore Ghorepani village and shop local products such as handbags and crafts
- Day 05: Ghorepani- Poonhill & Trek to Dobato (3,426m/11,240 ft)- 6 to 7 hours walking.
Rising early, a pre-dawn hike or after breakfast (45 mins) has us on Poon Hill in time for sunrise over Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna Range. Returning to our tea-house for breakfast, we then rejoin the trail that wends its way north along the ridge line with magnificent views of the Annapurnas stretching out from east to west. Following a forested ridge for a while, with views to both sides. After lunch trail starts to ascend above the tree line and follows a ridge to Muldai hill and then descent to our lodge at Dobato. From the lodge the view to west is dominated by Mount Dhaulagiri at 8,167m is the seventh highest mountain in the world. Overnight at Teahouse.
- Enjoy close up vistas of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges.
- Splendid views of sunrise from Poonhill
- Walk through dense forest of rhododendron trees
- Day 06: Dobato- Ghandruk (1,970m/64363 ft)- 5 to 6 hours walk
We make pre breakfast hike to Muldai view point for 30 minutes situated at the altitude of 3637 m/11,932 ft. It’s truly glorious and stand at 3637 m/11,932 ft offers eyes level 360 degree magnificent panorama mountains views of Annapurna, ranges of Dhaulagiri, Lamjung, Fishtail, Gangapurna and diversity landscapes of surrounding valley. After breakfast we take descend to a stream and climb again through forest to a ridge with a teashop. Easy walking past unusually oval-shaped homes and you come to the flag- stone-lined streets of the Gurung settlement of the Ghandruk, the largest Gurung settlement in the area.
- Explore Gurung Village and their culture
- Enjoy mountains views of Annapurna, ranges of Dhaulagiri, Lamjung, Fishtail, Gangapurna and diversity landscapes of surrounding valley
- Walk through beautiful forests
- Day 07: Ghandruk– Nayapul –Pokhara, approx 4hrs trek
After breakfast, we join the trail that descends downhill all the way to Birethati and back to Nayapul from where our trek started. As a vehicle will be waiting for us, we will return to Pokhara and stay overnight in Pokhara.
- Scenic drive to Pokhara
- Explore Pokhara valley
- Day 08: Fly back to Kathmandu
After breakfast, you will transfer to airport and fly back to Kathmandu. Upon arrival our representative will receive and transfer to Hotel. You have a leisure time to take rest or shopping souvenir for your beloved ones. Stay overnight in hotel.
- Scenic flight to Kathmandu
- Day 09: Back home
It is time to fly back to home keeping all the terrifying experiences of Nepal in mind.The representative from Nepal Sanctuary Treks will transfer you to TIA airport where you should check-in 3 hours prior your scheduled flight.
Cost & Dates
- Guaranteed -
- Trek is Guaranteed to run
- Available -
- Trek is available to run in minimum group size is filled
- Limited -
- Only few space available
|Trek Start Date||Trek End Date||Price||Availability||Book|
|06 Jan, 2019||14 Jan, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|13 Jan, 2019||21 Jan, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|20 Jan, 2019||28 Jan, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|27 Jan, 2019||04 Feb, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|03 Feb, 2019||11 Feb, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|10 Feb, 2019||18 Feb, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|17 Feb, 2019||25 Feb, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|03 Mar, 2019||11 Mar, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|17 Mar, 2019||25 Mar, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|24 Feb, 2019||04 Mar, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|24 Mar, 2019||01 Apr, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|07 Apr, 2019||15 Apr, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|14 Apr, 2019||22 Apr, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|05 May, 2019||13 May, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|12 May, 2019||20 May, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|19 May, 2019||27 May, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|06 Oct, 2019||14 Oct, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|13 Oct, 2019||21 Oct, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|20 Oct, 2019||21 Oct, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|27 Oct, 2019||04 Nov, 2018||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|03 Nov, 2019||11 Nov, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|10 Nov, 2019||18 Nov, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|17 Nov, 2019||25 Nov, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|24 Nov, 2019||02 Dec, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
|01 Dec, 2019||09 Dec, 2019||US$ 738||Available||Book Now|
- Amongst the most popular trek in Annapurna region
- Suitably designed itinerary for acclimatization
- Accommodation in the best-selected lodges and tea houses along the trail and in Kathmandu
- Trek through local Gurung and Magar villages
- Best Panoramic sunrise views of Annapurna Himalayas from Poon Hill
- Trekking through beautiful forests, waterfalls, and valleys
- Fauna found in the region- pika, blue sheep and Himalayan Tahr.
- Airport transfers,
- Private transfer to/from trek
- Internal flight Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu
- 3 nights *** Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast,
- 1 night *** Hotel in Pokhara with breakfast
- 5 days Tea house accommodation during trek with breakfast
- Trek Permits & National Park Fee,
- Staff insurance on the trek,
- Trek guide & porter/s
- Duffel bag
What's not Included
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu, Pokhara (approx. US$ 20 per day)
- Personal equipment,
- Personal bills,
- International airfare
- Excess baggage beyond 15 kilo including day pack Visa fee: US$ 25 for 15 days and US$ 40 for 30 days multiple entry
- Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects), public liabillity
- Optional Kathmandu Sightseeing tour
Kathmandu Sightseeing Full day tour: US$ 60 (based on min 2 pax)
Kathmandu Sightseeing Half Day Tour US$ 40 (based on min 2 pax)
(With transfer, English speaking guide and entrance fees)
Most Common FAQs
- 1 . Why choose Poonhill trek?
Poonhill is one of the most famous and most visited destinations in Annapurna region due to its trail that passes through cultural villages. The final destination (poonhill) is a view point that offers spectacular sunrise over the Himalayas, the view from Poonhill stretches as far as you can see. However, it is a perfect trek for trekkers, who want to experience traditional culture, and suitable for all type of trekker’s as it is a short trek and is in lower altitude.
- 2 . How fit do I need to be for this trek?
You will be walking for minimum of 5 – 7hrs a day, you don’t have to really fit but minimum level of fitness is required as the trek is not an easy one. You do have to be healthy and mentally prepared for trekking in this region although it doesn’t require mountaineering skills.
- 3 . What is the best time of the year for this trek?
The trek is possible throughout the year. However, autumn and spring are the best seasons; choose to trek in autumn (Sep-Nov) as spring is busy with expedition stuff.
- 4 . Why should I trek with Nepal Sanctuary Treks (NST)?
We (NST) believe in socially and environmentally responsible, sustainable tourism. Our personalized services are guided by these principles and our 27 yrs of experience in the field of trekking is invaluable in giving our clients quality service. Our itineraries are suitably designed for acclimatization and we use the best selected lodges through the trail and in Kathmandu.
- 5 . Can children trek in this region or are there any age restrictions?
Yes, children can trek as there is no age restrictions. Nepal Sanctuary Trek can design suitable trekking itinerary for all age group above 8yrs. However, for children fewer than 8 can have high time trekking for longer period of time and altitude sickness can be a problem.
- 6 . What to take for the trek (clothes, personal kits)?
To make it easier for you Nepal Sanctuary Treks have prepared you a kit check list, you can have a look at it below:
- 7 . Do I need travel insurance covered while trekking/traveling in Nepal?
Insurance is a compulsion as anything can happen in the trek; for emergency rescue, personal liabilities, cancellation, loss of luggage and other reasons if necessary.
- 8 . How much weight do I have to carry or how much will my porter carry?
You can bring as much as clothes you want but extra luggage is not required for the trek, you can leave your extra luggage in Kathmandu or Pokhara’s hotel. For the trek you can carry enough clothes you require in your backpack or carry only the camera, water bottle few clothes etc in your backpack. The potter can carry your extra duffle bag clothes which can weigh up to 15 to 30kg and a camping porter carries up to 30kg. However the local domestic flights allows maximum of 18kg per person.
My family and friends have used Tulsi and Nepal Sanctuary Treks for 15 years and cannot recommend him and the company too highly. The level of service is First Class. Every arrangement is tailored to your particular needs and Tulsi has fantastic contacts throughout that part of the world which ensures that all goes smoothly.
We have travelled widely in Nepal and Northern India (Darjeeling and Sikkim) with Nepal Sanctuary Treks and never ever had cause for concern. Having travelled all over the world I have yet to find a more reliable trekking and holiday company. If we were able to award stars – definitely a 5 star experience.