- Kathmandu Valley sightseeing.
- If you are lucky you might spot red panda, musk deer, ghoral and birds like Warbler, red bulbul, Drongo, blue sky bird, Mikhail, wood pecker, pheasant, drove and many more
- Incredible views of high snowcapped mountains
- Walk through delightful, pristine rhododendron, pines forest
- Explore Sherpa and Tamang rich culture and traditions.
- Visiting the holy glacial pond of Gosainkund Lake.
- High scenic passes in superb views.
- Visit Langtang village and Kyangjin Gompa
- Visit cheese factory and monastery
- Perfect wilderness and cultural experience
- You are likely to encounter with troops of monkeys and Tibetan snow cock
- Abundant of wild flora and fauna along the trail
- Beautiful Buddhist prayer flags decorated along the pass
Langtang is a region in the Himalayas of Nepal to the north of the Kathmandu Valley and bordering Tibet. The Langtang National Park is located in the area where the trekking trail makes its way. This is a challenging trek to sacred Langtang valley, passing through Laurebina La pass and to the beautiful Gosaikunda Lake.
In this trek you will get to witness the fine views of Mount Langtang and Ganesh Himal. The trek up to Gosainkund takes you through the high alpine zone and then we cross the Laurebina La pass adorned with Buddhist prayer flags. From here we descend into the Helambu valley with superb views north to the Himalayas and south to forested hills.
Laurebina La TrekDownload trip Dossier
Note: below trekking hours, altitudes and distances are approximate, and absolutely for general idea only.
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1,302m/4,270ft)
You will be received and escorted to the hotel by our staff, refresh yourself and take some rest or explore the area around your hotel. Accommodate at Kathmandu.
- Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing and Trek preparation
Kathmandu is the cultural heart of Nepal and has been a famous destination for tourists ever since Nepal opened its borders to visitors. Today after breakfast we will explore Kathmandu valley, a guided tour will be conducted to major world heritage sites inside the valley. As Kathmandu valley is a beautiful combination of Hinduism and Buddhism we will visit historical sites like; Durbar Squares, Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath (monkey temple) and Buddhist shrine of Bouddhanath which is one of the largest stupa in the world. After the tour you will prepare yourself for the trek, will be briefed about the trek; buy all the trekking equipments required and overnight at hotel.
- Visit UNESCO Heritage Sites
- Day 03: Kathmandu to Syabru Besi (1,420m/4,658ft) approx 6 – 7hrs drive
We will commence our morning by having breakfast and drive up to Syabrubeshi which takes about 6-7 hours. With a beautiful drive, the roads twist and turn along the high hills as we pass through many remote villages and get to see the villagers working in their fields. Once we reach our destination we will check-in to the lodge and prepare ourselves for the trek with some briefings given by the guides.
- Drive along the scenic bank of Trisuli River with amazing views of river, mountain, rural village , prayer flags and meadow
- Beautiful terraced fields
- You can see Pangsang range while you are on drive
- Syabrubesi is a mixed settlement of Tamang, Tibetan etc
- Day 04: Syabru Besi to Rimche (2,455m/8,054ft) approx 6 ½ hrs hike
From an early start we begin our trek by crossing over Bhote Khola (river) and soon we will be crossing another river (Langtang Khola). On the way you will come across dense bamboo forest and probably see a troop of Langur monkeys (Leaf Monkeys) and if you are lucky you might see Red pandas. Rimche is a better spot due to its location on high ground that offer a good view down the valley. We stay overnight in Rimche.
- Walk through dense bamboo forest
- You might encounter with Langur monkeys and if you are lucky you might see red panda
- Birds-eye views of valley from Rimche
- Explore Sherpa settlement
- Day 05: Rimche to Langtang (3,330m/10,925ft) approx 5 – 6 hrs hike
After an early breakfast we will start a gentle climb through forest directs you to Gore Tabela, which is located in a wide valley. Here, lies the Royal Nepali Army base camp, where they guard the National Park animals. We will get the first glimpse of the snowy Himalayan peaks namely Langtang Lirung to the north. A lunch stop can be made before heading towards the alpine meadows and ascending up to Langtang. Continuing our trek we will reach Langtang within no time, being a traditional and historical village you will get to see old culture of people strongly believe in Buddhism and following Tibetan rules. We will accommodate overnight in lodge here.
- Views of Langtang Lirung , Lakpa Dorje, Langtang I,II and other several peaks
- Walk through alpine meadow
- Explore traditional and historical village called Langtang where people practice Buddhism and follows Tibetan rules.
- If you are lucky you might encounter with red panda along the way
- You are likely to see langur monkeys, red bulbul, Drongo
- Day 06: Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa (3,730m/12,237ft) approx 4 hours hike
The trek starts by passing through small village, stone-built houses and climbing up to Chorton (Buddhist Monument) and then take a descend on gentle path, passing Mani stones (prayer stones). These stones have carvings of the Tibetan Buddhist chant (Om Mani padme hum). The trail advances into a glacial valley where you can see stunning views of the Kimshun, Tsenji Himal, Naya Kanga, Lakpa Dorji and Urkinmang. Once we reach Kyanjing Gompa we will get a better view of mountains as the village is surrounded by mountains in all directions. . We will accommodate overnight in lodge here.
- Kyajin Gompa is famous for cheese and curd
- You can see many traditional local houses.
- Beautiful views of Kimshun, Tsenji Himal, Naya Kanga, Lakpa Dorji and Urkinmang
- Sherpa settlement
- Sacred Kyajin Gompa
- Passing through mani stones and chorten
- Likely to see Yak and mountain goat
- Pass through mani stones
- Day 07: Day hike to Chergo RI
This day is dedicated to pamper in the natural beauty and serenity of the Gompa area. You can either take rest or a hike around the village. It is well worth the visit to walk up Chergo Ri (5,000m/16,404ft) for the splendid mountain views of Langtang, Lirung, Langtang range, Kinshung, Yansa Tsenji and the foot of the huge Lirung Glacier and savor in the serene atmosphere. We can visit the monastery and cheese factory, walk up the moraine to see the spectacular ice faces or trek further to Kyanjin Ri for amazing panorama of the Langtang peaks. We will follow the same trail back to Kyanjin Gompa and stay overnight in lodge of Kyanjin Gompa
- Magnificent mountain views of Langtang, Lirung, Langtang range, Kinshung, Yansa Tsenji and the foot of the huge Lirung Glacier
- Visit monastery and cheese factory
- Stunning ice faces
- amazing panorama of the Langtang peaks from Kyanjin Ri
- Day 08: Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2,400 m/7,874 ft) 5- 6 hrs trek
Today with an early start we descend down the valley and trek back to Lama Hotel. Walking down the same path from we climbed up from and heading back to Langtang valley. We will reach Lama Hotel for lunch and after lunch we can rest or prepare ourselves for the next day, we will spend the night here.
- If you are lucky you might see troops of langur monkeys on the way
- Enjoy the mesmerizing views the Himalayas soaring around the forests and rocky terrain.
- Day 09: Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru (2,100 m/6,889 ft) 6 hrs trek
Walking down the same path from we climbed up from and heading back to Langtang valley. The beginning of the trail is a gentle descent to the landslide and then ascent through pine and juniper forest with view of Langtang Himal and several other peaks. We then cross the river and climb up to Thulo Syabru. On the way, you can see red pandas, monkeys and various bird species. We stay overnight in Thulo Syabru.
- Tamang settlement
- If you are lucky you might see red pandas
- You might come across with Langur monkeys and varied range of birds like Warbler, red bulbul, Dorngor, blue sky bird, mikhhail, wood pecker, pheasant, drove and many more
- Beautiful views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himal and several backdrops along the trail
- Walk through juniper and pine forest.
- Day 10: Thulo Syabru to Sing Gompa (3,580m/11,745ft) approx 5hrs hike
With an early start we begin the trek for the day. The trail includes more uphill with views of Ganesh Himal and a range of peaks located in Tibet. Our trail from Thulo Syabru goes to Foprang Danda (3,200m/10,498ft) passing through Dursagang (2,660m/8,727ft). After a while, we reach Sing Gompa, a small village where we would find a well-managed local cheese factory and a Buddhist Monastery. We will spend the night here at a lodge.
- Sherpa settlement
- Visit local cheese factory and Buddhist monastery
- The trek will be accompanied with magnificent views of Ganesh Himal and range of peaks lies in Tibet
- You can see monkey flower, Lhokta plant from whose branches Nepali paper is made and several trees including rhododendron flowering along the trails
- If you are lucky you might encounter with Musk deer and deer
- You are likely to see monkeys and pheasant along the trail
- Day 11: Sing Gompa to Gosaikunda Lake (4,381 m/14,373 ft) approx 5 – 6 hrs hike
Today after breakfast we will start our trek ascending uphill. We follow a rugged trail with dramatic views of Himal Chuli Manaslu and Ganesh Himal. On a clear day, even the Annapurna range can be seen rising up gently behind. To the north, we would see Langtang Lirung.
We will reach the stupa shortly after passing through the Laurebina Yak (3920m/12,860 ft). From Lauirbina Yak, you can see panoramic mountain views of Nepal and Tibet Himalayan range. We will soon reach the spot from where we will see the sacred lake of Gosaikunda before us.
At Gosaikunda, we would see a dozen of lakes. Among them, the major three are Saraswatikund, Bharab Kunda and Gosainkunda. According to a legend, Gosainkunda was created by Shiva when he pierced a glacier with his trident to obtain water to quench his thirst after having swallowed poison. We will spend our day exploring around the lake we will rest at a lodge there and prepare ourselves for tomorrow’s downhill trek.
- Impressive views of Himal Chuli Manaslu and Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung.
- If the weather is clear you can see Annapurna range along the trail
- Visit sacred lake Gosainkunda and you can see a dozen of lakes
- panoramic mountain views of Nepal and Tibet Himalayan range from Lauirbina Yak
- You are likely to see Tibetan snow cock along the way and if you are lucky you might see migrant yellow golden duck at Gosainkunda lake
- Day 12: Gosaikunda Lake to Ghopte Cave (3,400 m/11,154 ft) 4-5 hours hike
Today we leave Gosaikunda and continue the trail. We climb the trail along rough terrain and moraines passing four more small lakes to Laurebina pass (4,610m/15,120 ft) decorated with many prayer flags. Further, we continue take descent to Phedi (3,740 m/12,270 ft) and trek to Ghopte Cave with following up and down trails we will stay overnight here.
- Visit Ghopte cave where people take shelter during rain
- Views of mountain range of Helambu region
- You are likely to see Langur monkeys, red monkeys.
- If you are lucky, you might encounter with Musk deer and Ghoral
- Day 13: Ghopte Cave to Tharopati (3,490 m/11,450 ft) 1-2 hrs trek
We leave Ghopte Cave and rejoin our trek towards our next destination. From Ghopte Cave, the trail ascends through forest of rhododendron, oak, bamboo with other natural vegetation. We come across a stream at (3,310m/10,859ft) then climbs up to Tharopati. From the ridge to the east, you can have a mountain view of Dorje Lakpa, Shisha Pangma and few peaks of Khumbu region. We stay overnight in Tharopati.
- Bird eye view of Yalambu, Shermuthan village from the Tharopati ridge
- Explore Tamang settlement
- Mountain views of Dorje Lakpa, Shisha Pangma and few peaks of Khumbu region.
- Walk through blanketed forest of rhododendron, oak, bamboo with other natural vegetation
- Day 14: Tharepati to Kutumsang (2,470 m/8,103 ft) 3-4 hrs trek
With an early breakfast we head towards our next destination. From Tharopati, the trail gradually descends through pine and rhododendron forest with good views down into the Helambu valley. We reach Kutumsang where you can see Jugal Himal and Numbur and mountain range of Solu Khumbu region. We stay overnight in Kutumsang.
- Walk through pine and rhododendron forest
- Beautiful views of Helambu valley
- Views of Jugal Himal and Numbur and mountain range of Solu Khumbu region from Kutumsang
- Day 15: Kutumsang to Chisapani (2,300 m/7,545 ft) 6 hrs trek
We continue our trek after having hearty breakfast. We have pretty nice walk in the morning passing through a number of rural farm villages. We climb a pass; then descend to Gul Bhanjyang. We take ascend to a ridge with beautiful views of Annapurna and Manaslu passing through Bhattachi and Thakini villages then descend the ridge to the pass at Pati Bhanjyang. Finally we take ascent on to Chisapani for overnight.
- Beautiful terraced fields of potato, wheat and maize
- Explore Tamang settlement
- Beautiful views of Annapurna and Manaslu from the ridge
- Paasing through picturesque villages
- Day 16: Chisapani to Sundarijal and drive to Kathmandu 3hrs trek/1hr drive
After having breakfast we start our trek descending towards Sundarijal. The trail passes through meadows and cultivated fields and then climbs through oak and rhododendron forest to Burlang Bhanjyang. After few hours of walk we reach our spot where our vehicle will be waiting for us and from there we will be transferred to our hotel in Kathmandu.
After a short drive we reach Kathmandu and will have free leisure time either to rest or explore Kathmandu Valley. You will accommodate in Hotel of Kathmandu.
- Views of Sundarijal bazaar
- Walk through oak and rhododendron forest
- Pass through meadow and cultivated fields
- Day 17: Back Home
You will be assisted by our staff in a vehicle and transferred to TIA airport in Kathmandu from where you will take your flight back home
Cost & Dates
- Kathmandu Sightseeing Full day tour: US$ 60 (based on min 2 pax)
- Kathmandu Sightseeing Half Day Tour US$ 40 (based on min 2 pax)
- (With transfer, English speaking guide and entrance fees)
- Guaranteed -
- Trek is Guaranteed to run
- Available -
- Trek is available to run in minimum group size is filled
- Limited -
- Only few space available
|Trek Start Date||Trek End Date||Price||Availability||Book|
|03 Mar, 2019||19 Mar, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|10 Mar, 2019||26 Mar, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|17 Mar, 2019||02 Apr, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|24 Mar, 2019||08 Apr, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|07 Apr, 2019||23 Apr, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|14 Apr, 2019||30 Apr, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|21 Apr, 2019||07 May, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|05 May, 2019||21 May, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|12 May, 2019||28 May, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|19 May, 2019||04 Jun, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|26 May, 2019||11 Jun, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|22 Sep, 2019||08 Oct, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|06 Oct, 2019||22 Oct, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|13 Oct, 2019||29 Oct, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|20 Oct, 2019||05 Nov, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|03 Nov, 2019||19 Nov, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|10 Nov, 2019||26 Nov, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|17 Nov, 2019||03 Dec, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|24 Nov, 2019||10 Dec, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|01 Dec, 2019||17 Dec, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|08 Dec, 2019||24 Dec, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|15 Dec, 2019||31 Dec, 2019||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
|22 Dec, 2019||07 Jan, 2020||US$ 839||Available||Book Now|
Not what you're looking for? Contact Travel SpecialistCustomize this Trip
- Langtang National Park, which covers 1,710 sq. km and occupies the upper catchment areas of two of Nepal’s largest river systems – the Trisuli and Koshi
- Langtang is home to Tamang people as well as Helambu Sherpa and Newar people long separated from their main cultural groups and with unique cultural traditions
- Permit to enter the Langtang National Park
- Join Hindu and Buddhist devotees on a full moon pilgrimage to the high-altitude lakes around Gosainkund,
- Explore the unfrequented passes overlooking Tibet up from the flower-scattered pine meadows of the Langtang Valley,
- Rhododendrons blend into moss-hung pine giants, yaks trundle down pastures on their way home
- Spectacular views of mountain
- Hidden valley of glaciers, alpine meadows and cheese factories.
- Views of Mount Langtang and Ganesh Himal
- Home of spot red panda, musk deer, ghoral and birds like Warbler, Red Bulbul, Drongo, blue sky bird, Mikhail, wood pecker, pheasant, drove and many more
- Airport transfers,
- Private transfer to/from trek
- 3 nights accommodation ***Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast,
- 14 days Tea house lodge with breakfast
- Trek Permits & National Park Fee,
- Staff insurance on the trek,
- Trek guide & porter/s
- Duffel bag
What's not Included
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and on trek (approx. US$ 20 per day)
- Personal equipment,
- Personal bills,
- International airfare
- Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects), Liability Insurance
- Optional Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour