Valley of spectacular beauty on the northernmost borders of the Kingdom high above Kathmandu. Very impressive alpine region with scenic meadows and possibility of climbing easy peak in Langshisa area. Great view of Langtang-Lirung range.
Trip Code NSTR 227
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu. Reception at airport and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: Sightseeing tours to Kathmandu Valley.
- Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi(1420m) and commence your trek.
- Day 04: BAMBOO LODGE (1850m)
- Day 05: GHORA TABELA(3000m)
- Day 06: KYANGIN GOMBA: (3960m)
- Day 07: LAMA HOTEL: (2380m)
- Day 08: SYABRU: Return to Syabru. (2100m)
- Day 09: SING GOMBA(3250m)
- Day 10: GOSAINKUND(4380m)
- Day 11: LAUREBINAYAK(3930)
- Day 12: Trek concludes at Dhunche(1950m).
- Day 13: Drive back to Kathmandu.
- Day 14: Kathmandu - at leisure.
- Day 15: Trip concludes by departure transfers to airport.
- Max altitude : Gosaikunda Lake (4,381m/14,373ft)
- Trek destination: Gosaikunda Lake
- Suitably designed itinerary for acclimatization
- Accommodation in the best selected lodges and tea houses along the trail and in Kathmandu
- 360 view of the Himalayas (langtang, Ganesh Himal and Himal Chuli etc) and trek to the beautiful Gosaikunda Lake
- Experience unique Tamang, Helambu, Sherpa and Newar culture
- Trek through Langtang National Park, to Kyanjin Gompa, Sing Gompa, Cheese factory, Ghopte cave
Fauna you can come across – wild dog, red panda, pika, black bear, snow leopard, Himalayan Tahr, ghoral, common langur
Most Common FAQs
- 1 . Why choose Langtang trek?
Langtang trek takes you through Langtang National Park, Langtang valley and to the beautiful Gosaikunda Lake. It is a sacred as well as a challenging trek; you will get an opportunity to experience Tamang culture as well as be rewarded with beautiful views of Mt. Langtang and Ganesh HImal.
- 2 . How fit do I need to be for this trek?
You will be walking for minimum of 5 – 6hrs a day, you don’t have to really fit but minimum level of fitness is required as the trek is not an easy one. You do have to be healthy and mentally prepared for trekking in this region although it doesn’t require mountaineering skills.
- 3 . What is the best time of the year for this trek?
The trek is possible throughout the year. However, autumn and spring are the best seasons; choose to trek in autumn (Sep-Nov) as spring is busy with expedition stuff.
- 4 . Why should I trek with Nepal Sanctuary Treks (NST)?
We (NST) believe in socially and environmentally responsible, sustainable tourism. Our personalized services are guided by these principles and our 27 yrs of experience in the field of trekking is invaluable in giving our clients quality service. Our itineraries are suitably designed for acclimatization and we use the best selected lodges through the trail and in Kathmandu.
- 5 . Can children trek in this region or are there any age restrictions?
Yes, children can trek as there is no age restrictions. Nepal Sanctuary Trek can design suitable trekking itinerary for all age group above 8yrs. However, for children fewer than 8 can have high time trekking for longer period of time and altitude sickness can be a problem.
- 6 . What to take for the trek (clothes, personal kits)?
To make it easier for you Nepal Sanctuary Treks have prepared you a kit check list, you can have a look at it below:
- 7 . Do I need travel insurance covered while trekking/traveling in Nepal?
Insurance is a compulsion as anything can happen in the trek; for emergency rescue, personal liabilities, cancellation, loss of luggage and other reasons if necessary.
- 8 . How much weight do I have to carry or how much will my porter carry?
You can bring as much as clothes you want but extra luggage is not required for the trek, you can leave your extra luggage in Kathmandu. For the trek you can carry enough clothes you require in your backpack or carry only the camera, water bottle few clothes etc in your backpack. The potter can carry your extra duffle bag clothes which can weigh up to 15 to 30kg and a camping porter carries up to 40kg.
- 9 . What medical facilities are there on Langtang trek?
In case of emergency you need to get evacuated by helicopter to Kathmandu, you need to take proper care of your health. Anyways, you will find small clinics along the trek. There are major hospitals in Kathmandu. However, you need to bring your medicine (if any) and a first aid box will be provided by Nepal Sanctuary Treks, also your guide will be trained for first aid in case of emergency.
For further enquiries you can contact Nepal Sanctuary Treks at: