Sightseeing tours to the old ruins of Drugyel Dzong, Ta Dzong, The National Museum, Simthokha Dzong and onto Thimpu for overnight.
Trip Code NSTR254
- Day 01: Arrive Gongar Airport. Transfer to Tsedang. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 02: Explore Yarlung Tsangpo Valley the cradle of Tibetan civilization.
Visit Samye, the earliest built monastery belonging to the Nyingmapa School of Tibetan Buddhism and then Yumbulakhang, the first castle built for a king by the Tibetans.
- Day 03: Drive Tsedang to Lhasa.
Drive Tsedang to Lhasa. En route visit Mindroling Monastery, the main center of learning for the Nyingmapa School & also for the lay Lhasa officials.
- Day 04: Guided tour of Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Market & Sera Monastery.
- Day 05: Guided tour of Potala Palace & Drepung Monastery.
- Day 06: Drive via Yamdrok Lake to Gyangtse. Gyangtse Hotel.
Visit Kubum stupa & Pelkor Chode Monastery.
- Day 07: Drive via Shalu Monastery to Shigatse. Overnight at Hotel.
Visit Tashilhunpo Monastery, the seat of Panchen Lama & Shigatse market.
- Day 08: Drive via Sakya Monastery to Shegar. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 09: Via Pangla Rongbuk Monastery and overnight at Hotel.
- Day 10: Excursion to Everest Base Camp.
- Day 11: Drive Shegar to Zhangmu. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 12: Walk across Friendship Bridge & transfer to Kathmandu.